What classifies as a “pet emergency?” If you notice any of the following symptoms, seek immediate medical attention for your pet.
- Uncontrollable vomiting or vomiting blood
- Consistently bloody feces or diarrhea
- Extreme lethargy
- Wounds of any kind or uncontrollable bleeding
- Trouble breathing or Choking
- Toxin or Drug Ingestion
- Obvious pain
- Collapse or Inability to move or walk
If you are still unsure whether your pet should be seen by a veterinarian, call your primary veterinary clinic or local emergency center for advice.